article:® is committed to unsurpassed quality in every aspect of design and manufacture. Each detail is carefully considered and hand-crafted by skilled artisans to ensure the longevity of the product is never compromised. All article:® products undergo random testing by an independent international testing authority to ensure they meet international standards.
In order to preserve your article:® and ensure it ages beautifully, we recommend the following:
Leather | Suede | Fur | Feather articles
- Avoid over-filling your bag with an inappropriate amount of weight. This will cause it to stretch and go out of shape, as well as place undue stress on the handles. Not a good look!
- Always store your leather, suede, fur and feather articles in the dust bag provided when not in use, to avoid dust collecting on the surface of the leather.
- Never store your leather, suede, fur and feather articles in plastic bags as they will sweat/mould. Ew Yuk!
- We recommend keeping/re-using the uncoloured paper stuffing and Silica Gel satchels to help retain your bag’s shape and guard from mould. No-one wants to find their favourite “IT” bag scrunched up in the back corner of the cupboard, as stiff as a board and growing some type of microorganism like a school science experiment!
- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place, away from direct sunlight.
- Never stack articles on top of each other, as this may cause permanent indentations and deformations, which are not covered by warranty for obvious reasons. Sorry folks.
- Please bear in mind that lighter coloured leather, suede, fur and feather articles are more susceptible to marking. Yep, they certainly are.
- Avoid dark coloured leather, suede, fur and feathers coming in contact with light coloured articles/clothing as colour may transfer. Likewise, avoid light coloured leather, suede, fur and feathers coming in contact with dark coloured articles/clothing for the very same reason. Hello!?
- Metallic leathers may lose their lustre with use over time. To slow this process, avoid direct friction and those sticky, greasy hand creams.
- Thin, delicate leathers (e.g. lambskin) have a higher maintenance requirement. These should be kept away from rough/abrasive surfaces and weight bearing loads - this leather is not recommended for heavy/everyday use.
- Smooth shiny surfaced leathers (e.g. patent leathers) should be kept away from rough/abrasive surfaces as they can be easily scratched. However, they are more durable than thin, delicate leathers and are suitable for daily use.
- Take extra care when carrying/storing embellished and feather articles, as these are particularly delicate.
- Sharp objects, jewellery and rough surfaces that come in contact with the leather, suede, fur and feathers may potentially cause damage to the surface. Puh-lease be careful!
- Our leather, suede, fur and feathers are treated naturally and therefore not water-resistant. Should your bag become wet, stuff it with uncoloured paper and leave it to dry naturally. Never ever(as tempted as you may become) use artificial heat (eg. your hair dryer!)
- For suede articles, use a suede brush in short, gentle, sweeping motions to remove daily soiling build-up and restore its surface.
- Your Fur / Feather products may arrive a little flat after being tucked up in a box. Hey - it’s been a long trip! For fur Pom Poms - simply hold the leather strap and shake it back and forth a few times and it will fluff up again. For feather Clutches - simply tap the surface with your fingers and watch it fluff up again!
- We recommend not overfilling or tugging too firmly on the zipper pulls, as they are only secured by the ring that holds them.
- We do not sell leather cleaners however we suggest consulting a reputable leather craftsperson to find the most suitable product to clean your article. Always test on an inconspicuous area first to ensure that it does not damage your article.
- Avoid exposing jewellery to salt water, detergents, hairspray, sunscreen, cosmetics and perfumes as these contain chemicals that may damage the surface.
- We recommend that you do not swim, shower, sleep or play sport of any description (in particular avoid zorbing, alpine skiing, skydiving and pogo sticks) whilst wearing your jewellery article. Nope…never a good idea. If in Spain, think twice about participating in the running of the bulls.
- Be careful not to place your jewellery down on hard/rough surfaces as this may cause marks/scratching/indentations, which are not covered by warranty. Puh-lease!
- After each use, wipe the piece with a soft dry cloth to remove excess oils and dirt.
- Always store your jewellery in the dust bag provided when not in use, to avoid dust collecting on the surface.
- Store each article in a separate dust bag to avoid rubbing/scratching, and always in a cool, dry place to prevent oxidisation.
- Due to the delicate nature of our finely woven and knitted fabrics, avoid coming in contact with rough surfaces, as this will cause ‘pulls/snags’ in the fabrics. Nobody wants that.
- Please refer to the individual care label on each article for specific cleaning instructions.
- Some products are labelled “Dry Clean Only” and should never be washed. No way!
- Other products are labelled “Cold Hand Wash Only” and should be laundered by hand using a mild, neutral detergent. Do not bleach or soak. Once hand washed, roll in a soft towel to remove any excess water and lay flat to dry in the shade. Do not tumble dry EVER! Press with a low iron if required and preferably using a pressing cloth - you know the piece of fabric that is placed between the iron and the article to avoid overheating/scorching? Your mother/grandmother may have improvised and used an old tea-towel.